No doubt, we take our meal three times a day, but what about the snacks? We all have random cravings for different sorts of snacks, and I am sure most of us prefer to have Dunkin Donut munchkins.
These donuts are irresistible, also as donut hole treats, you can enjoy it either with your favorite Caramelizer, this combo will take the taste game to the next level.
The dough of the donut is soft that you can enjoy it anytime you want. As much as it is tasty as much it is easy to make at home.
Making dunkin’ donut munchkins at home is not too hard, but it does take some time and patience. You need to make a yeast dough and let it rise until doubled, then cut out small circles from the dough and fry them in oil. You can then glaze them with a simple sugar glaze or any other flavor you like.
Some of the popular flavors are powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, chocolate, blueberry, pumpkin, and coffee cake. They are best served fresh, but you can also store them in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Table of Contents
|45 minutes (Plus Rising Time)
- 3 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of warm milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened
- Vegetable oil, for frying
For the glaze
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
For the Powdered Sugar Flavor
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
For the Cinnamon Sugar Flavor
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
For the Chocolate Flavor
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of milk
For the Blueberry Flavor
- 1/4 cup of blueberry jam
- 2 tablespoons of water
For the Pumpkin Flavor
- 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of cloves
For the Coffee Cake Flavor
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Dunkin Donut Munchkins (Instructions)
- With the use of any available standing mixer, mix the salt, yeast, sugar, and flour in the mixer’s bowl.
- Now heat the milk and butter together, and also add a small amount of vanilla to it.
- Set your mixer to low-speed mode, and slowly-slowly add milk mixture, Continue this process until a soft dough forms.
- After the previous step, increase the speed and keep the mixer on this speed for at least 6-8 minutes.
- Now take another bowl and rub the surface with any available, place your soft smooth dough inside, and turn it to coat lightly.
- Wrap the bowl, either with aluminum or plastic wrap.
- Keep the bowl covered for 2 hours, it will rise and become double in size.
- After 2 hours, take your dough out from the bowl and place it on floured work surface.
- Roll the dough until it reaches 1/2-inch thick.
- Take any circular shape object to cut small circle pieces from the rolled dough.
- Place a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper, align the circles over this parchment paper, and then cover them loosely with plastic wrap.
- Now take a pan with approx. 2 inches of oil and heat it until it reaches 350 degrees F.
- Put the circles in the pan and fry each circle for at least 2 minutes, making sure the color of the fried circles is fine golden.
- In another bowl, mix the sugar and water for the glaze, and whisk the mixture until it becomes glossy.
Steps You Should Follow For the Addition of Different Flavors
All the above procedures remain the same for every flavor but in the end, for respective behavior, you have to do the below-mentioned things.
Note: You just have to toss your munchkins in a large ziplock bag in any flavor case, until it gets completely coated.
- Powder Sugar Flavor: Toss in 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Cinnamon Sugar Flavor: toss the munchkins with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Chocolate Flavor, For this first make a mixture of butter, milk, and cocoa powder, whisk until a smooth texture is achieved. Now toss the munchkins in the mixture, and drop off the extra glaze.
- Blueberry Flavor: First we have to make a blueberry glaze for this heat the water and blueberry jam in a small kettle or pan over medium-low heat and wait until melted and a smooth glaze is not formed. Dip munchkins one by one into the blueberry glaze, at the end, drop off the excess blueberry glaze.
- Pumpkin Flavor: Take a small bowl and add nutmeg, brown sugar, ginger, and pumpkin puree, whisk these all together until glossy and smooth form. Toss the munchkin and remove the extra amount.
- Coffee Cake Flavor: Mix the flour, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until crumbly with the help of a fork.
After dipping or tossing your munchkins in any preferred flavor, hang these on a wire to give them a set time.
|4 munchkins (Glazed Flavor)
If you love reading the above recipe then I suggest you Save this recipe to your “Dunkin Donuts Food Recipe” Board, So you can easily access this recipe in the future.