Irish cream syrups are widely used as the main ingredient for many drinks, and people love to order those drinks. In the United States people are crazy about Irish cream drinks or cocktails, so according to the increasing demand of the people Dutch Bros introduce Irish cream-based drinks on their menu.
The sweet, velvety, and smooth texture of the drink pleases and delights our taste buds and makes our day super happy. These all factors indicate that you should definitely try it once, let’s check out it thoroughly.
Table of Contents
Irish cream is a famous liqueur that has a base of Irish whisky, flavors (caramel, vanilla), and cream. Sometimes sugar, natural sweeteners, or chocolate are also added to enhance the taste.
Irish Cream is widely used to serve as its own or used as flavoring syrups for many other drinks, like coffee, cocktails, energizing drinks, and many others.
Good Point: There are some non-alcoholic Irish cream syrups available that are mostly used in various drinks.
Below are some tips for you that will help you to use Irish Cream in a good way.
- It is very essential to store it in a fridge or any shadow place, as it’s very sensitive to the environment.
- If you buy an Irish cream liqueur, and opened it for use, make sure to finish it in a year.
- If you feel any bad smell, inappropriate consistency or color change then discard the bottle immediately because it’s not safe to use now.
Dutch Bros Irish Cream
Dutch bros have two drinks in which Irish cream is the main ingredient, both of these drinks are fabulous and matchless regard to their taste.
Kicker (Irish Cream Breve)
It is the most beloved and top-ordered drink at dutch bros, and you can have this according to your desired version as available in all:
Ingredients Used In Kicker Standard Recipe
Because of its unique and tasteful ingredients, this drink has no match at all.
- Irish Cream
- Half and Half
- Espresso Shot
Half and Half is a mixture of half milk and half cream, which you can easily make at home or can buy it from any grocery store. We can also say that after Irish cream it is the second most important ingredient of this drink as it makes it a breve.
Iced Kicker (Irish Cream Breve)
For this drink, all the ingredients like an espresso shot, half and half, and Irish cream syrup mixture are served over the ice cubes.
It tastes sweet, bold, and richer, with a hint of chocolate. Also, some sort of vanilla sweet taste feels while sipping this drink.
This drink is served in clear glass, and brown chocolaty color can be visualized from outside the glass. Moreover, the ice floating in the brown color seems very pleasing to the eyes and works as an attraction grabber.
In this drink caffeine content is also present, and it depends on the size of the glass you selected. It’s because the espresso shots are different for different cup sizes.
|Cup Sizes||Caffeine Content|
How to Make Iced Kicker (Irish Cream Breve) at Home?
I am pretty much sure that you are also so much excited as I am to make this drink at home, so without wasting time let’s start it.
|Irish Cream||2 tbsp|
|Half & Half||10 Ounces|
- A bottle
- First of all brew the espresso shot and keep it aside to get cool.
- Take out the bottle and put all the ingredients, half and half cream, Irish cream syrup, espresso shot, and additional flavor (optional).
- Close the cap/lid of the bottle tightly and shake it vigorously or as fast as you can.
- Once you get assured that every ingredient inside gets completely mixed, then take a glass out.
- Add ice to the glass according to your preferences, and then pour the mixture over the ice in the glass.
Blended Kicker (Irish Cream Breve)
For this drink, all the ingredients like an espresso shot, half and half, and Irish cream syrup are blended together in a blender, even additional flavors are also blended along all.
It tastes creamy, velvety, and extremely smooth, also balanced sweet, bold, and richer, with a hint of chocolate and vanilla.
This drink is served in clear glass so light brown color with a smooth foamy texture can be visualized from outside the glass.
How to Make Blended Kicker (Irish Cream Breve) at Home?
Let’s grab your ingredients and start to make this super tasty drink at home.
- Espresso Machine
- Espresso Shot
- Half and half
- Irish Cream Syrup
- First, brew 2 ounces of espresso shots, and keep them aside to cool down.
- Then took a blender and put all the ingredients, the half and half, espresso shot, Irish cream syrups, ice, and additional flavor (optional), and blend all of these together.
- At last, a smooth thick consistency appeared, and then poured this super cool drink into a glass and enjoy it.
Hot Kicker (Irish Cream Breve)
For this, the steamed mixture of the half and half and Irish cream syrup, and hot espresso is poured into a cup. Additional flavor is added and then stirred and the drink is ready to serve.
You can add whipped cream, it’s all up to you as it’s not a compulsory choice for this drink. But in my opinion to have this drink in a healthy way cut down the whipped cream.
This drink is stronger, sweeter, and bold as comparable other iced and blended versions. It’s because every taste is enhanced in the warm state, that’s why you can feel each chocolaty, vanilla, and caramel touch deeply in this.
As it is not served in clear, transparent glass, you can’t visualize the color and texture from outside the glass, but a foamy frother appearance is very delightful from the top of the drink.
How to Make Hot Kicker (Irish Cream Breve) at Home?
As this drink is very tasty we should definitely try to make it at home, as it’s very simple we just have to gather the required ingredients.
- Espresso shot
- Half and Half
- Irish Cream Syrup
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Espresso Machine
- The first and foremost step is to brew the espresso shot according to the cup size.
- Put a saucepan over a stove, set the flame to medium, and add half-half into the pan, but only steam it avoid to boiling it.
- Now, as soon as half and half start to get steam immediately add the Irish cream syrup to it.
- Always prefer to buy the best quality Irish syrup to achieve a good quality hot Irish cream breve.
- Now take a glass, and add the espresso to it, and also the mixture of half and half along with the Irish cream syrup pour over it.
- With the help of stir mix it completely, and your hot Irish cream kicker is ready at home with zero effort.
9-1-1 (Irish Cream Breve)
This dutch bro drink is a cool refreshment and an energy booster, regardless of its taste its texture and aroma are also very soothing. If you want a recipe then Click Here.
Difference between the Kicker and 9-1-1 (Irish Cream Breve)
- This drink is prepared through the usage of the same ingredients, only the difference is the increased amount of espresso shot.
- Even their preparation method is also same for iced, hot, and blended versions, you just upgrade the espresso shot in each recipe, otherwise follow the same procedure.
- The texture of this drink is smooth, velvety, and creamy same as the kicker Irish cream breve.
- The taste is much bolder and stronger than the kicker Irish cream breve.
- But their calorie amount is different for the iced version holds 250 in small cups, medium: 540, and large: 640.
- In the hot version, it holds 460 in small cups, medium: 620, and large: 720.
- In the blended version it holds 510 in small cups, medium: 730, and large: 940.
Frequently Asked Question
Where Can You Buy Irish Cream syrup?
You can easily buy Irish cream syrup from your nearby grocery store, if you can’t find them then choose amazon. On amazon you will definitely find it, prefer to buy a quality one and place your order.
What are Some Other Drinks that Use Irish Cream syrup?
It’s not compulsory that only kicker and 9-1-1 drinks can make from Irish cream syrups, instead, there are some other cool and super drinks available in the market like Irish coffee, white Russian, Irish hot chocolate, and many others.
Dutch Bros is phenomenal in regard to providing quality and delicious drinks, the kicker, and 9-1-1 Irish cream breve are one of them. In other words, we can say that Dutch bros provide a way for their customers to enjoy Irish cream syrup in non-alcoholic form.
Moreover, you can customize both of these drinks, as you can decide on the topping, syrups, sweetener type, and all other factors. So just bring your family together and enjoy this drink, if your kids are also being with you so for they avoid to other this drink instead take help from the Dutch bro’s kid menu.
If you find this post helpful and want to see this in the future, Then save this pin in your Pinterest “Dutch Bros Drinks” board. So that you can easily get help later.